Testimonial by James Ezoah, Youth For Christ, Ghana Coast
I was struggling with youth work till I had the privilege to attend CONVERGE. My struggles stemmed from the fact that I worked alone as the YFC coordinator in central region. I never partnered with any other youth organization and most importantly, there was no youth ministry network where I could fellowship and learn from other peers.
Having had the privilege of being part of Converge, I got exposed to other youth ministries within the Converge network which led to some strategic partnerships and collaboration. This brought tremendous encouragement to my ministry as YFC coordinator in central region and revitalized our ministry outreaches. I have since partnered with Onehope, Alpha Ghana, NexGen, Church of Pentecost, Awana among other Ministries.
- Learning that we cannot do the ministry alone and we needed to come together as youth worker has been a tremendous eye opener.
- I hadn’t acquired my knowledge on youth ministry, however, Converge meetings have really open my horizon on youth ministry.
- The fellowship at Converge meetings has enabled me to understudy other colleagues in youth ministry
- Bible Society of Ghana, Bible League, Youth Alpha helped us to supply 2,159 Bibles to Upper Primary, Junior High, Senior High and Church Youth.
- OneHope assisted us with 1400 Explorers. We were able supply churches, schools and clubs.
- International Christian Youth works(ICY) has organized several training here in Ghana for youth leaders through partnership.
- By God’s grace the Nzemaland was opened to ICY to train more churches because of the transformational testimonies among the youth.
- We trained 1200 young leaders through NEXGEN.
- Cape F.M gave us the opportunity to be on air two times(one hour each) in a week to matters concerning the youth.
- Coastal Television has given us same opportunity in Cape Coast.
I often wonder what mission would look like if we all followed your example James. If churches and movements in a community shared an office, apart from saving limited resources on rent, photocopying, reception services and the like, the strategic planning happening as much around the water dispenser as the board room would be amazing. The fruit you’ve seen in more young people reached and discipled is a testimony to your open hearted and bold decision to act upon what you were learning rather than just nod sagely in agreement and carry on in the same way as before. Thank you James and YFC for setting an example to the globe church.
[…] Converge: Preferring one another in love, with the same attitude of our Saviour, Christ Jesus. Read James’ testimony in Ghana and you’ll see what a powerful difference it […]